The frequency with which businesses send emails to their customers is steadily increasing. The average person is estimated to receive about 121 promotional emails per month. That’s a lot of emails! To stand out from the crowd, you must employ B2B Email Marketing techniques that attract your leads, customers, and prospects. To help you with this, we have compiled 6 best practices to help you create a powerful and effective email marketing campaign to grow your business.
Use Email to Generate Leads and Expand Your Audience
For small businesses, the lead generation process can be frustrating and time-consuming. Email marketing can help you overcome this by providing a platform to create leads and expand your audience.
- Reach out to your customers: Most businesses offer a product or service that they offer to their customers. A great way to engage with your customers is by sending them newsletters that feature product announcements, special offers, and new updates. This will help you stand out in their minds and encourage them to continue purchasing from you.
- Learn about your audience: As mentioned above, you can use email marketing to learn more about your customers and prospects. By sending out an email survey or a poll, you can ask your customers about their demographic information and their preferences and product choices. You can then use this information to target specific audiences and customers.
- Share blog posts: You can share your blog posts with your audience by sending them out as email newsletters. Just be sure to include a call-to-action in the form of a hyperlink that points back to your website. This will encourage your leads, customers, and prospects to visit your site and learn more about your brand.
- Promote events: Another great way to attract new leads and customers is by promoting your events. Send out an email with all the details regarding the event, such as the date, time, location, and cost. Also, include a call-to-action in an RSVP form that they can fill out and send back to you.
By following these best practices, you can reach your audience and generate leads.
Write Emails that Your Audience Will Want to Read.
Helpful content is the key to creating emails that will be read. That’s why you need to create emails that are informative and engaging.
- Create educational emails: One of the best ways to stand out from your competitors is by creating educational emails that provide helpful information to your audience. Then, you can use this information to help them overcome problems or obstacles they may face.
- Include relevant and exciting: The content of your email should also be interesting and relevant. Be sure to include topics and information that will catch your audience’s attention. This will encourage them to read more!
- Make your emails fun and engaging: When writing your email, try to make it fun and engaging to read. You can do this by using a conversational tone in your email.
By following these best practices, you will be able to create emails that are informative, educational, and fun to read.
Include a Call-to-Action in Your Emails
No matter what you try to achieve with your email marketing campaign, you must include a call to action in every one of your emails. This will help you to increase click-through rates and conversions.
- Use a clear call-to-action: A great way to include a call-to-action in your email is by making it clear. For example, use “click here” or “click to learn more.” This will encourage your leads, customers, and prospects to take action.
- Make it personal: Another great way to include a call-to-action in your email is by making it personal. For example, you can use a first or a customer’s name. This will encourage them to take action because they feel you are talking directly to them.
- Use the right words: When writing your call-to-action, be sure to use specific and clear language. For example, avoid using “click here” because that can be confusing and vague. Instead, use “sign up” or “learn more.”
This will encourage your leads, customers, and prospects to take the action you want them to take.
Add an Image to Your Email
Adding an image to your email is a great way to make it more interesting and visually appealing. In fact, according to research conducted by marketing automation platform provider Act-On, emails with images receive 96% more views than emails without pictures.
- Use high-resolution images: One of the most important things you need to consider when adding an image to your email is the quality. Images that are blurry or pixelated can ruin the overall look of your email.
- Include relevant images: The images that you include in your email should be relevant and helpful. For example, you can use images to help illustrate a point or even create a sense of urgency.
- Use appropriate images: You should also be sure to use appropriate images. An excellent way to determine what image to use is by asking yourself if the image will be appropriate for your audience.
By following these best practices, you can add an image to your email and make it more visually appealing. Use relevant and helpful images for your lead, customer, or prospect.
Include a Call-to-Actions in Your Subject Line
One of the most important things you need to include in your email is a call-to-action. This can be as simple as a “click here” or “sign up.”
- Use numbers: When writing your subject line, include numbers corresponding to the main call-to-action. For example, a great subject line would be “Click here to learn more” or “Sign up for our newsletter.”
- Make it short: Your subject line should not be more than 50 characters in length. This is because your audience will see this when viewing your email on their mobile devices.
- Use a descriptive subject line: It is also essential to use a descriptive subject line so that your audience knows what to expect from the email when they open it.
- Use the word “Free”: If you can include a word such as “free” or “discount” in your subject line, then this is a great way to make your email more enticing to your lead, customer, or prospect.
By following these best practices, you can create an enticing and effective call-to-action in your subject line that will make it easy for your audience to get back in touch with you.
Use Action Words in Your Email Copy
When writing your email copy, you must use words that inspire action. You can do this by using words such as “now,” “today,” “immediately,” and even “win.”
- Share a benefit: You should also include a benefit when writing your email copy. A benefit will make it easy for your audience to understand what the email contains.
- Use words that inspire action: You should also use words that inspire action. For example, words such as “today,” “now,” and “immediately” can be very powerful.
- Avoid jargon: It is also important to avoid being too technical when you are writing your email copy. Your audience will not know what you are talking about and will avoid your emails.
- Keep it short and sweet: You should also keep your email copy short and sweet. You do not want to bore your audience with a bunch of information they do not care about.
- Use bullet points: You should also use bullet points whenever possible, making it easy for your audience to scan your email.
- Avoid the word “you”: If you are writing an email directed toward a large audience, you might want to avoid using the word “you,” as it will make it harder for your audience to connect with the email.
- Send only one or two emails a month: You must send out only one or two emails per month.
By using these best practices, you will be able to create emails that are informative, educational, and fun to read. You will also include a call-to-action in every one of your emails, which will help you increase click-through rates and conversions.